segunda-feira, agosto 22, 2005

Portugal - Photo cc. 1995


Not posting for long time I'm back with other Portuguese photo (well, indeed a slide scan). This one is not exactly on rocks or stone constructions but about tiles. The art of hand-painting tiles is a tradition here and even some quite recent houses still use them as a decor. In fact, some of the tiles used nowadays are more industrial than traditional and the patterns are quite awful creating what we call a "toillet like effect". They are not properly a demonstration of good taste...

However, the traditional tiled sceneries can be very pleasant, as you can see by this example.

Posting this, I decided to start introducing other photo themes in the blog. Not abandoning the idea of presenting more "stone" photos I will introduce new themes gradually. Maybe a concession to my ego, since all the photos presented are mine and this is my unique way to show them (despite nobody else is seeing, except my family...)

1 comentário:

Devir disse...

Stºo António Dágrela!!!